Creating the Design
This is the phase where we've taken all the parts we want to incorporate, and apply them to how the space will be best utilized. The key to a well thought out space is to look at it from the perspective of how the space needs to function. From there on you can begin to determine what you will need to achieve the desired outcome.
We did this by:
- Determining how many people the space needs to seat comfortably at one time
- Without an architectural focal point within the space, we have to specify/create one
- Defining living/dining area and set out what the main traffic flow will be
- Create a dining table solution that provides both counter height seating, as well as dining. Rather than having an island and dining table, why not combine the two?
- Brainstorm different ways to showcase West Coast design elements
- Select furniture pieces that assist in making the space feel larger
- Address window covering solutions
- Create an inspiration board
Once these topics were addressed in a quick space plan sketch fell into place!
After we were happy with the initial layout, we started sourcing specifics. Here's what we came up with:
We determined that the space will have a fun, modern esthetic and we couldn't be more excited to set this plan in motion. Stay tuned!